Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone found the solution to email disappearing with Apple Mail?

Hello,

I have seen quite a number of postings about email disappearing with Apple's Mail client, regardless of what account they are using (yahoo, gmail, aol, etc.). What I have noticed is that email vanishes right in front of my eyes from the folders I have created to keep my email in order. Sometimes I move a message or several and I see them in the folder for a day or two, and then a few days later they are simply gone. This happens from the sent folder too. It is random. No, they are not in the trash, or junk, or anywhere else. Doing a full search turns nothing. They are really, really gone.

Sometimes, I go to a folder and I see how in a second one or several messages disappear from the list and that is it. Never to be found again. Not even if I visit the web-based account I can retrieve them. They are gone.

The worst part is when they disappear from my sent folder immediately after they leave the outbox, so I am not sure if it sent or not, and I have to retype the whole thing again just to make sure.

This is extremely annoying, and I have seen I am not the only one to which this happens. Has anyone found a fix for this bug? Should I simply keep all my email in my inbox? Or should I just give up on Apple Mail and use Thunderbird?

I have an old powerbook G4 with 10.4 and Mail 2. Not like it makes much difference, I've seen people complaining about the same issue in later versions of OS and Mail.

Thanks for any help 🙂

Annie

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Mail 2.1.3

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 1:07 AM

1 reply

Sep 19, 2011 9:20 AM in response to anniefrompasadena

Welcome Annie!

This forum tends to be more about PowerBook hardware issues. I think you might get more hits and better help by posting in the Mac OS 10.4 Tiger forums here:

Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger

To target the Mail portion of that forum, click the "Refine this List" under the word "Discussions" in that forum to get this view:

User uploaded file

and then click on "Mail and Address Book" to tag your post.

Allan

Has anyone found the solution to email disappearing with Apple Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.