Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book hangs at macx_swapon SUCCESS

Hi all, need some help here please. Recently put Lion on my Mac Book and not it has crashed for the second time. If I try to boot in safe mode the progress bar dissappears aone 1/3 of the way through and then nothing else happens. when I do the Verbose mode it gets to macx_swapon SUCCESS and then hangs again (at least I have no way of telling if it is doing anthing else). I can get to the disk utility with the recovery and every time there are permission errors to be repaired (the same ones). the disk itself appears to be fine, no errors. I have a time machine backup but it's a week old and I urgently need the files I used more recently. Is there a way to boot the computer without doing a full system restore?? All help is greatly appreciated 🙂

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 9:04 AM

Hi!

I've the same problem here after installing a Paralles desktop upgrade (v.6)

Can someone help?

5 replies

Oct 25, 2011 10:12 PM in response to raylylt

Hello - I've been having a similar issue (MBP 2009, Lion 10.7.1), though I've not gotten further than you in the safe mode start up process (still going...). I was able to confirm that my HD seems to be ok - or at least can read files - by connecting by firewire to an old MB Pro, start the old maching holding down T until you see the large firewire symbol on screen.

Then start up newer machine and holding down Option. Select the drive of the old machine as the startup disk (with firewire symbol - and note I tried starting up with the Recovery HD startup and it wouldn't work after giving it a considerable period of time to try).

You should then be able to see your current Mac's hard drive, though in my case it didn't show up right away, be patient and it should be there.

Hope this helps.

Mac book hangs at macx_swapon SUCCESS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.