Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flicker

When I apply a Ken Burns affect (moving thru a still photo) both vertical and horizontal lines flicker. In fcp7 there was a flicker filter. It sort of helped. Anything in fcp x or third party? Sorry, so may questions about this new program. I actually do like the way it works.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 8:58 AM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2011 9:42 AM in response to cfredads

You should not be seeing flicker and you should need a flicker filter to get rid of any flicker you might be seeing ... especially on a still photo. Unless you have accidentally added a flicker effect to your clip, I would suspect other things. In the Preferences window under the Playback tab under the Playback section you can check a box that says to use Original or Optimized Media. Then choose High Quality in the options under Playback Quality. That might be a good place to look since it affects the quality of your preview playback. To assure you do not inadvertently have some effect applied to the clip, you can select it then go to the inspector window under the video tab and scroll down to make sure some effect has not been accidentally applied to the clip.

Sep 20, 2011 4:51 AM in response to cfredads

Still_Learning I believe you are refering to a still picture. I have found in the past that applying movement to a still image creates flickering in the horizontal and vertical lines. The degree or intensity of flickering changes depending on how the motion was created. In fcp7 I used 2 methods, motion or keyframe moves and a program from stagetools, moving picture. Both created flickering. In fcp x the flickering from the ken burns isn't as bad, but still exist. Just looking for an internal solution or a 3rd party. I am new to this forum and wonder if it is possible to post and example. Thanks

Flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.