Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut studio 3 will not start unless connected to my old mac

Ok. I bought a new 2.3 gig processor, 12 gig ram, 512 SSD, 17" macbook pro, unfortunately with lion preinstalled. I installed my copy of FCP studio 3 and no problem. However the FCP install is forcing me to log into my old laptop that has FCP installed. this will not work for me as I am about to wipe that laptop and regift it to a different employee in another state. Has any one seen this and how do I fix it. TXA

Final Cut Studio '09, Mac OS X (10.7.1), MB Pro 17" 2.3, 12gig ram, SSD

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 9:33 AM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2011 10:22 AM in response to Trinity Greer

Okay I found the solution. Here is what happened, I installed from the original disc, however when I opened FCP to test the application, I was also logged onto my old machine and transferring files from my old home folder. FCP saw a similarly named home folder and assumed that the FCP document folder on my old machine was the right scratch disk. So later I tried to open FCP and found that I had a "missing" scratch disk and I repointed to my raid. then the FCP froze, requesting I log into my old mac. I did so, imediatly posted this issue on the forum. However sense then I have ejected the network drive of my old machine and restart FCP. the error no longer show up. I am sorry for taking up folks time with this, but I wanted to post the solution incase someone else blunders into the issue.

final cut studio 3 will not start unless connected to my old mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.