Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you export your movie with chapter markers for iDVD?

Hi,

I have a movie that I've placed markers where I want chapter markers in my DVD. In FCP7 I've been able to export a quicktime that preserved these markers for iDVD to recognize when I burn the DVD but I can't find those same options in FCP10. Does someone have an answer/workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

Caleb

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 8 gb ram

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 10:08 AM

You can't do chapter markers with FCP X (yet).

If you have Compressor, send the project there first.

Once in Compressor, you can add the chapter markers in the Compressor preview window.

Before you export to Compressor, if you make a note of the exact timeline positions where you want the chapter markers, you can even put them on in a plain text file, and Compressor will import them and place your markers in the correct places.

If you don't have Compressor, there's an application called Metadata Hootenanny which you can download and use to add chapter markers.

Andy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2011 10:08 AM in response to Caleb Kingston

You can't do chapter markers with FCP X (yet).

If you have Compressor, send the project there first.

Once in Compressor, you can add the chapter markers in the Compressor preview window.

Before you export to Compressor, if you make a note of the exact timeline positions where you want the chapter markers, you can even put them on in a plain text file, and Compressor will import them and place your markers in the correct places.

If you don't have Compressor, there's an application called Metadata Hootenanny which you can download and use to add chapter markers.

Andy

How do you export your movie with chapter markers for iDVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.