Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iTunes to rescan the BPM of all my music?

Hello,

NEVER EVER DO THIS

Stupidy I set all of my music collection to have a BPM of 999 because I read that's the best way to get a list of tracks that iTunes can't find. Example: All tracks that don't have a BPM of 999 are missing (and then delete them from my library).

However I use several DJ Software programs which use the BPM tag for syncing etc.

How can I get iTunes to rescan all the BPM's of my music collection and save over the old tag data?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iTunes 10.4.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 6:36 PM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2011 8:47 PM in response to van-daviz

I never buy stuff from iTunes Music store so I don't know, does it come with a BPM value? If not, I don't think iTunes can analyze BPM and you'll have to find a third party utility to do it. I suggest a web search for something like "OSX beats per minute" etc. I did this a few years ago and found a couple of shareware analyzers and two or three free ones. I think one was called MixMeister. None of the free ones were great, and I don't really need BPM so I lost interest.

How do I get iTunes to rescan the BPM of all my music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.