Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which port does Lion Server's Server.app use?

I'm trying to connect to my Lion server remotely using Lion's server app, but the login sheet shakes in denial when I enter my password. External and internal DNS is configured properly for the domain. Is there a port that Server uses to communicate to the machine with that I need to open on the router?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Lion Server

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 8:37 PM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2011 3:19 AM in response to frank191

frank191 wrote:

I'm trying to connect to my Lion server remotely using Lion's server app, but the login sheet shakes in denial when I enter my password. External and internal DNS is configured properly for the domain. Is there a port that Server uses to communicate to the machine with that I need to open on the router?

Good question. I could not find a definitive answer, but I did establish that Server Admin, Workgroup Manager and Server Monitor all use port 311 TCP. It would seem reasonable to assume Server.app might use the same port since it is doing similar tasks. Port 660 might be another possibility. See this http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1629

Which port does Lion Server's Server.app use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.