Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fixed finder window size

I was wondering if there is a setting for opening a finder window?

it would be great to have fixed size and location if I open a new finder window ...

would be an improvement of my workflow and avoid to resize each new finder-window to my preference manually ; )

does anybody know how to set this in either a preference file or with the terminal?

BIG thanks in advance for any input!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 24 years behind a Mac

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 2:19 AM

I just did a search at macupdate.com for the term "finder window". Mixed in with a bunch of mis-hits there's some that potentially might do what you want (e.g., Finder Window Manager, Windown, Intelligent Windows). I personally have no knowledge of any of those of if they do exactly what you want. I'm just basing this on what I see in the one line descriptions in the search results.

As for any settings in the finder itself, no, there isn't any. The finder always "thinks" it knows what you want and what's best for you (yes, I'm being sarcastic if it isn't obvious)!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2011 2:19 AM in response to zaphod42

I just did a search at macupdate.com for the term "finder window". Mixed in with a bunch of mis-hits there's some that potentially might do what you want (e.g., Finder Window Manager, Windown, Intelligent Windows). I personally have no knowledge of any of those of if they do exactly what you want. I'm just basing this on what I see in the one line descriptions in the search results.

As for any settings in the finder itself, no, there isn't any. The finder always "thinks" it knows what you want and what's best for you (yes, I'm being sarcastic if it isn't obvious)!

fixed finder window size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.