Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer Keynote from iMac to Macbook Air?

I'm presenting at a festival and I must transfer the Keynote presentation I'm designing from my iMac to my Macbook Air. How? Do I need to buy another Keynote or is there some sort of transfer option?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 12:36 PM

6 replies

Sep 20, 2011 1:54 PM in response to AnneKleinberg

You can either download it again (for free) from the Mac App store on your MBA using the same account you bought it from for your iMac (if you did in fact buy it that way), or the easier way is to use Air Drop and just drop the Keynote App onto your MBA. It takes seconds and lands in your Download folder on the MBA. From there just move it to the Applications folder.

Once you have the App running you can transfer the presentaion(s) in the same way. I do this often, using the 27" screen of my iMac to prepare presentaions then my MBA to present.

Sep 20, 2011 2:03 PM in response to Bennybeanbag

Thanks Benny bb - love the bean bag image!

I bought the iWork package - and used a CD to install it - not thru the Internet.

Does Air Drop work with OS Snow Leopard? I haven't upgraded to Lion.

Any other hints you can offer? Its my first time presenting with Keynote - in the past (I didn't have a laptop) I had to migrate to a PC. By the way - I downloaded Spotlight theme from Theme Park. Have you ever used it?

Sep 20, 2011 2:21 PM in response to AnneKleinberg

Hi Anne,

Unfortunately AirDrop isn't going to work for you, that's a feature specific to Lion.You can however use the Remote Disc feature on your iMac to install (over WiFi) Keynote onto your MacBook Air. Technically, however, unless you bought the family pack of iWork the license agreement is for one machine. Truth be told when I bought iWork '09 on CD/DVD I installed it on my desktop and portable and it works just fine but I know someone else may chime in on the licensing legitimacy angle.

Sep 20, 2011 11:30 PM in response to AnneKleinberg

Here you go, it's just an option you need to turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1777?viewlocale=en_US

I love Lion, it's been problem free and it has so many useful features (Air Drop for one, multi screen on the MBA for another). I think as with all things that sell on the scale Lion has, some people will always be disappointed and some will always have problems. I am happy to say neither were issues for me and I wouldn't go back to SL now.

How can I transfer Keynote from iMac to Macbook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.