Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find old AOL software?

Does anyone know where I can find a way to download the old version of the AOL software? My Powerbook crashed and I lost it!

I detest AOL Desktop and prefer the old-school version from a years ago.

I've tried Old Apps and Old Versions. No luck.

Can anyone help?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 9:42 AM

AOL's e-mail is easy enough to access without AOL's software as long as you have another internet access provider using the IMAP account settings on any e-mail software:

http://email.about.com/od/aoltips/qt/Access_an_AOL_Email_Account_with_any_POP_IM AP_Email_Program.htm

Addressbook you may be able to contact AOL directly for a vCard export of your addressbook contents or LDIF access which Apple's Addressbook application understands.

If that's not good enough have you tried to Google the version of AOL you had? Sometimes you can locate in the Library folder a plist file from AOL which when opened with TextEdit or Textwrangler might still give you the version of it. If it was in Mac OS 9, it would be in the System Folder -> Preferences folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2011 9:42 AM in response to Graiai

AOL's e-mail is easy enough to access without AOL's software as long as you have another internet access provider using the IMAP account settings on any e-mail software:

http://email.about.com/od/aoltips/qt/Access_an_AOL_Email_Account_with_any_POP_IM AP_Email_Program.htm

Addressbook you may be able to contact AOL directly for a vCard export of your addressbook contents or LDIF access which Apple's Addressbook application understands.

If that's not good enough have you tried to Google the version of AOL you had? Sometimes you can locate in the Library folder a plist file from AOL which when opened with TextEdit or Textwrangler might still give you the version of it. If it was in Mac OS 9, it would be in the System Folder -> Preferences folder.

Where do I find old AOL software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.