7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2011 5:09 AM by CT
Karl Pfeiffer (.at) Level 3 Level 3 (625 points)

I need the finder sidebar, the command show sidebar is always grey, and the pill at the right corner is away totally.

Who needs so many sidebars that there is no one for me? What is the benefit to delete the sidebar?

~ fuchsteufelswild, k

• Karl Pfeiffer (.at) Level 3 Level 3 (625 points)

I need the finder sidebar, the command show sidebar is always grey, and the pill at the right corner is away totally.

Please, how to Open a Folder like Applications without the sidebar?

• CT Level 6 Level 6 (16,475 points)

One thing to try:

Put your cursor on the left border of a finder window so that the cursor changes to a arrow pointing to the right (not left and right). Double click, or drag to the right.

charlie

Oops. I forgot:  What happens when you select "Show Sidebar" from the View menu?

Hello „CT“, your first hint, very interesting, I cant until now test (follows);

the second: „What happens when you select "Show Sidebar" from the View menu?“

The same as always whe I touch an outgreyed command: nothing. (The command is always grey).

Coming back soon,

Karl

Can’t perform this, there is just the leftoriented cursor, or the double-arrow to resize window.

(a right oriented arror I have just seen in MS Word for Mac before long, long time, it was tu select -, Ithink a paragraph at one click for char-formatting or cutting copping and so on.

A command to show the sidebar is not at all to see, therefore not an shortcut available too.

Thank you for your time spent, will be happy to see your sign in future any time,

Karl

What about "Show Toolbar" in the View menu?

(If the toolbar is hidden, so is the sidebar, and Show sidebar is greyed out. Why these things are related, I don't know.)

charlie