Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hands Off! application interferes with App Store

I had a problem for the last couple days logging in to the App Store. A call to AppleCare resulted in them having me start up in Safe Mode. In that condition, all was normal with the App Store but, when I restarted normally, although I was still logged in to the App Store, I could not update apps nor could I purchase new apps. When Iogged out, I was unable to log in again.

The folks at Apple had me try several other tests, too numerous to describe here and, ultimately, not germane to the solution.

Since I had recently installed a program named Hands Off!, I suspected it was the culprit. My suspicion was correct. If anyone is having similar problems and has Hands Off! installed, I suggest you go to the Hands Off! preferences and click on the "Disable rules" icon in the toolbar. That solved the problem for me.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), mid-2011 27-inch iMac (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 11:06 AM

There are no replies.

Hands Off! application interferes with App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.