Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reserve resources or rooms when creating an event in the Calendar (Exchange)?

On our Exchange server we have configured a number of conference rooms and other resources that users can book/reserve through Outlook when creating events. When I create an event in the iPhone on my Exchange calendar, if I add a location the option does not exist to book rooms/resources (even if I add in the resource word-for-word as it exists on Exchange server). I am also unable to book it if I invite the "Contact," if I may call it that, from our Global Address List. Does this capability exist in the iPhone?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.2, iOS 4.2.1

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 12:42 PM

9 replies

Dec 5, 2011 12:09 PM in response to Bonesaw1962

I can't seem to do this successfully. I use the GAL to select the room, but when I send out the meeting I immediately get an automated response back that the delivery failed. I heard this may be because the iPhone OS does not distinguish between a normal attendee and a resource. Yet you seem to have it working. What version of Exchange are you using. Is it on Mac or PC? We are about to upgrade from Exchange 2003 to 2010, maybe that will help solve this?

Also, (this may just be semantics) on the iPhone under "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" the Exchange configuration is set to "on" to sync calendars. Is this the same as having the Exchange calendar "set as the default calendar" mentioned above?

How can I reserve resources or rooms when creating an event in the Calendar (Exchange)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.