Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Google delegate calendars won't appear within iCal

Strange. My main Google calendar syncs just fine with iCal. So does the Google Holiday calendar (which is a delegate.) I added the St. Louis Rams and St. Louis Blues calendars as delegates. They appear in the delegate window in iCal preferences and, when I checkmark them there, also appear in the calendar list within iCal. Trouble is, the actual events contained in the sports calendars are not displayed in iCal, for example, a Rams game scheduled for Sunday at 4:05pm doesn't appear at all. I did check and those events are displayed correctly on the web-based Google calendar. Any ideas as to a fix are appreciated.

iMac 24, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2gb RAM; 32gb 3G iPad 2 (4.3.3)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 2:55 PM

FWIW, I did some digging and in an obscure corner of Google's help there it was: sports team calendars don't behave like regular delegate calendars and accordingly do not sync into iCal.

3 replies

Jan 30, 2012 12:48 AM in response to rkdav

Similar problem here. I can select the delegate calendars within iCal, but it simply doesn't sync any events for the delegate calendars. I'm also returned an error if I try to manually subscribe to the calendars, e.g. using a direct link from the Google calendar settings.

Either way, I think it's all related to a known block Google have implemented to deal with an iCloud conflict. Keep an eye here for a solution...although it's been several months already obviously:

http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=99360#

The iPhone select utility should get things rolling on any iOS devices. See:

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

NB. You must do it individually from each individual iOS device.

Some Google delegate calendars won't appear within iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.