13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 2:19 PM by margaret.miz
MrMauro Level 1 Level 1

Hello,

My reminders list shows several (but not all) reminders I have checked as completed some weeks ago. Naturally I have uncheked the option list "show all completed items"

I'm using iCal on 10.7.1 for the client of a Calendar Server Lion 10.7.1

I appreciate any lights on this.

Thank you!

Mac OS X (10.7)
Solved by livethisdream on Oct 20, 2011 8:04 PM Solved

If you go to "Preferences" and then "Advanced," you can check the box that says "Hide Reminders __ Days after they have been completed" In the text box, enter "0" and press enter. That will hide ALL reminders as soon as they are completed.

• moskovit Level 1 Level 1

Me too.  And I'm using OX 10.7.2.  When are completed reminders removed from the list if you have "show all completed reminders" unchecked?

• jack248 Level 1 Level 1

I have same problem, but the completed reminders stop showing the next day....which is not that useful.  I think the functionality should be that, once you check the reminder, it should not be shown EXCEPT when you click 'Show Completed Reminders'.

• av8rix Level 1 Level 1

I had the same problem.  It appears as tho items that are not repeating will disappear the next day (or you can just delete them); however, items that are repeating (created with IOS5) never disappear, even when complete and the Show Completed Reminders box is unchecked.  Additionally, it seems you can't mark a repeating item complete on ical reminders.  It has to be marked complete on your IOS5 device, which then generates the next copy of the item, and then the completed instance has to be manually deleted on the ical reminder list.  Is anyone else having this issue?

• j.dyson Level 1 Level 1

Can't comment on repeating items, but I'm running iOS 5 and 10.7.2, and iCal does display completed/checked Reminders, even thow "Show All Completed Reminders" is unchecked.

It seems the behavior that should be expected is, at least, unclear. "Show ALL Completed Reminders" does imply that, if unchecked, SOME completed Reminders may still show. So far, my oldest ones are from last Wednesday (naturally, as old as they could be).

Certainly this needs some attention.

• Richard Insall-Jones Level 1 Level 1

Same here. A useful simple approach to tasks has become unworkable because due tasks get lost in completed tasks. No focus.  This needs fixing for me to continue using.

• simonp Level 1 Level 1

+1. Rather annoying.

• livethisdream Level 1 Level 1

If you go to "Preferences" and then "Advanced," you can check the box that says "Hide Reminders __ Days after they have been completed" In the text box, enter "0" and press enter. That will hide ALL reminders as soon as they are completed.

• Richard Insall-Jones Level 1 Level 1

Well now don't we all feel a bit silly!  Seems obvious now. However - is confusing to have what looks like an overriding command in the pull down menus.  Anyway - thanks livethisdream.

• livethisdream Level 1 Level 1

Glad to help - it was annoying the heck out of me, too. Also, for future reference, it seems like setting the preference to 0 days took a couple of times to "take," so if at first you don't succeed...

• kitehi Level 1 Level 1

Tried but not working. All my reminders still show up.

• mikelopez Level 1 Level 1

Wow thanks! That worked. Never thought to check in Preferences. I am now a happy iCal user again.

• hseungun Level 1 Level 1

thank you really useful

• margaret.miz Level 1 Level 1

I agree the problem is that reminders I created on my ipod touch can't be modified in Mac OS X. I am using Lion 10.7.5 on a MacBook Air. This negates the usefulness of icloud sync in this regard. I did have "remove after 0 days" set in iCal preferences and they are still there every day.