Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Completed reminders still show on the list

Hello,

My reminders list shows several (but not all) reminders I have checked as completed some weeks ago. Naturally I have uncheked the option list "show all completed items"

I'm using iCal on 10.7.1 for the client of a Calendar Server Lion 10.7.1

I appreciate any lights on this.

Thank you!

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 5:06 PM

13 replies

Oct 18, 2011 6:00 AM in response to av8rix

Can't comment on repeating items, but I'm running iOS 5 and 10.7.2, and iCal does display completed/checked Reminders, even thow "Show All Completed Reminders" is unchecked.

It seems the behavior that should be expected is, at least, unclear. "Show ALL Completed Reminders" does imply that, if unchecked, SOME completed Reminders may still show. So far, my oldest ones are from last Wednesday (naturally, as old as they could be).

Certainly this needs some attention.

Oct 16, 2011 6:54 AM in response to MrMauro

I had the same problem. It appears as tho items that are not repeating will disappear the next day (or you can just delete them); however, items that are repeating (created with IOS5) never disappear, even when complete and the Show Completed Reminders box is unchecked. Additionally, it seems you can't mark a repeating item complete on ical reminders. It has to be marked complete on your IOS5 device, which then generates the next copy of the item, and then the completed instance has to be manually deleted on the ical reminder list. Is anyone else having this issue?

Completed reminders still show on the list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.