Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappointed by Lions slowness

Having a 2008 early imac; 4 gigs of ram is as high as I can go, but Lion seems to tax my machine so that it now runs much slower than it did in Snow Leopard. I hear it's running slow for people with 8 gigs of ram. Is this something Apple will eventually fix? Never mind the various finder bugs. My mac runs slow; even with very low CPU usage. Others noticing the same slowness?

Aluminum iMac 20 inch, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 4 gigs RAM 2.66 Ghz

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 6:06 PM

5 replies

Sep 21, 2011 6:25 PM in response to raspberryaddiction

Same problem here. I have recently updated to Lion (from Snow Leopard) on 3 computers (2008 Mac Pro with 16 GB Ram, 2009 MacBook Pro 5,2 with 8 GB Ram, 2009 Macbook Pro 2 GB Ram).

All three computers have become sluggish.

1. Finder is slow and buggy. Large file transfers seem to freeze at 8.4MB, and then suddenly come back to life.

2. iTunes is aweful... slow, buggy, etc.

3. Overall sluggishness in opening applications

4. Aperture takes ages to load on my Mac Pro, when it was super snappy earlier (this is the machine with Quad CPU and 16 GB of Ram)

5. Safari 5.1 loads slower than Firefox 7 (it was the opposite in Snow Leopard)

Sigh!! Seriously considering going back to Snow Leopard.. this is such a dissapointment. I expected quality, and seem to have gotten bloat ware (wonder why this seems similar to the Microsoft Windows Vista story).

Disappointed by Lions slowness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.