Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you turn off the password requirment to unlock from screen saver?

In mac system prefrence under the secuirity options there is no checkbox or way to turn off the password requirment while the mac is on screen saver mode or sleep mode? I read in mac help that there should be an option?

macbook, iphone, ipad and ipod, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 8gb of ram and 2.4 intel due core

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 6:12 PM

You do not have this?

User uploaded file

10 replies

Sep 21, 2011 7:15 PM in response to PokemonFan1987

Can you try logging on as another administrative user? (Make another user, if necessary.)

And just for the heck of it, if you click the lock and unlock the rest of the controls, does the checkbox appear?

Another thought: is your computer part of a Windows domain or other network? Is there a policy on the network to require a screen saver password? (For example on my office's Windows network, a screen saver password requirement is set in the Group Policy. I'm assuming that something similar can be done with an OSX server, if you haven't joined the Mac to a Windows Active Directory network.)

Sep 21, 2011 8:09 PM in response to PokemonFan1987

That's why. You can't disable password checking when Filevault 2 is on.

However, you can change 'immediately' to something longer, so that if you're sat at the screen doing something else when the screensaver kicks in, you won't need the password until that amount of time has passed since the screensaver kicked it.

Look at the available options in the drop down menu and choose one that fits between your desire for convenience and your need for security.

how do you turn off the password requirment to unlock from screen saver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.