Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Out of sync audio when burning a DVD with iDVD

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to burn 3 - 1 minute quicktime files to a DVD using iDVD 7.1.2 and everytime I burn a disc the sound is out of sync. It seems to speed up and finish about 10 seconds earlier than the video. When previewed all is fine. I have checked the 3 quicktime files and they are perfectly in sync when played. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 11:12 PM

Hi

Did You try - Save as a DiskImage ?

How did this Play ?

Free space on Start-Up hard disk - How much ?

Yours Bengt W

6 replies

Sep 22, 2011 12:54 PM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Hi Bengt,

Thanks for replying ! I spoke with tech support and we tried everything including saving it as a disk image but after the burn it still was out of sync.

Then we tried creating a project in i Movie and then imported (shared) the project into i DVD and it worked !

This was a frustrating issue to tackle but I'm ready for it if it happens again.

Thank you very much for your help. Have a great day.

Best regards,

Joe F

Sep 28, 2011 10:18 AM in response to Bengt Wärleby

I am having the same issue with slide show I have created in iDVD (combo of pictures from iPhoto, music from iTunes and short movie clips from iMovie) There are about 10 songs, 500 pictures and 25 movie clips. It plays beautifully in iDVD as I have it to fit audio so the total time is about 52 minutes. The minute I try to burn it do a DVD or even save as Disk Image, the audio gets distorted, off sync or in some parts just doesn't exist. I've tried different types of DVDs thinking the quality of the DVD might be the issue. Been through about 4 DVD, each taking over 2 hours to burn and each one plays differently and not correctly. Any ideas??

Sep 28, 2011 11:08 PM in response to EBJN

You used SlideShow function in iDVD ?

Then hopefully You are aware of the limits in this to 99 photos per Show ?

You can have more than one on a DVD

I rather assemble my SlideShows in a Video-editor as iMovie HD 6 or FinalCut (iMovie'08 to 11 degrades picture quality) and here I can have as many photos as I like and get 100% in control (photos, transitions & audio).

Yours Bengt W

Sep 30, 2011 12:45 PM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Bengt W...........you ROCK!!!!

I actually was not aware of the 99 photo limit....guess this is the first time I've done a project with more than 99 pix and definitely the first time I've embedded video. I did exactly what you recommended.....created the show in iMovie and then actually saved to my desktop as a .mov file. I then imported it into Toast Titanium where I was able to burn it onto a dvd to share with my parents.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Out of sync audio when burning a DVD with iDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.