Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brush Cursor don't work correctly in Adobe Photoshop CS 5

I'am using Adobe Photoshop CS 5.1 on my brand new MacMini Server (Mid 2011). Everytime I change the diameter of my brush below 500-600px the brush cursor disapperar. It show the reagular Cursor. The Position of the Brush is also wrong because it has a vertical and horizontal offset, which makes it unpossible for me to use it. This worked correctly of years now with Photoshop CS3 and CS 4 in Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard also with Photoshop CS 5. For me it seems to be a Problem of the Intel HD 3000 Graphicsdriver and Adobe says that too. No Way to fix it for Adobe. Other People have the same Problem on their MacBook Airs (Mid 2011). The Problem is also well know at the Adobe Photoshop Support Forum.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/brushes_not_working_on_201 1_macbook_air

Same Problem with Brushes in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.4.

Hope the Apple will fix that soon, because I'am a Photographer and bought the new mac to improve Speed in Photoshop.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 10:25 PM

28 replies

Oct 13, 2011 5:21 PM in response to Alexander Kirsch

I'm in the same position. Professional photographer. I run Photoshop CS5 on a new Mac Mini Server running Lion. I find it difficult/impossible to get a professional workflow with this combo.

What I have discovered tonight is that the brush sizes affected are related to the zoom factor (screen size?). That is roughly between 900-1500 px when the image is displayed full screen (between the pallets),

I contacted Adobe here in the Netherlands yesterday because i saw no recent news on this subject, they said it was an Apple issue and should be solved with 10.7.2. Dowloaded 10.7.2. yesterday but that didn't fix it.

Apple/Adobe: please take us serious!

Oct 23, 2011 2:11 AM in response to Alexander Kirsch

FOUND A WORKAROUND: . . at least it works in my configuration (for two days in a row now).

If I have my external screen (Eizo CG223W) turned on, in standby mode, when i boot-up my mac, and the mini wakes up the screen from it's standby mode: the Photoshop brush issue is there.

If i have the external screen powered off during boot up, and power the screen on manually afterwards, the brush issue is not there

I have no explanation for this but it is a workaround (though not for Macbook Pro users).

There's one issue though: my mouse preferences are changed with this boot-up procedure, the speed is lowered to half speed and i have to change that manually in System preferences every time.

Does this work for others who have this issue too?

Oct 23, 2011 12:06 PM in response to Alexander Kirsch

Today Photoshop does not work the way it should allthough I'm using a second screen (yesterday everything worked quite well).

Apple should update the graphic card driver as soon as possible - but I'm pretty sure nobody cares in Cupertino. Maybe they should offer a solution to install 10.6 on Mid 2011 Mac Mini...

I will wait for 10.7.3. If the problem is not solved within the next big update. I'll go back to Windows and will never ever buy a piece of Apple hardware again.

Lion ***** but Apple tells it's perfect - hey guys, you need glasses....

Brush Cursor don't work correctly in Adobe Photoshop CS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.