Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workgroup Manager permissions for Final Cut Pro suite?

Hi,

I am trying to set permissions for the Final Cut Pro suite on our Snow Leopard server under Workgroup Manager for our students. I allowed all of the folders for Final Cut under applications under permissions. However, when logged into the client machines as a student, I try to launch Compressor and it gives me two errors: "You are not allowed to launch the application "compressord" and "Blu Ray Publishing Server". What folders should I add to allowed folders?

Thanks,

Scott

Compressor, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Workgroup Manager settings

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 6:16 AM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2011 6:03 AM in response to sbates

Not sure about how to set the permissions, but the Publisher Server is here:

/Applications/Compressor.app/Contents/PlugIns/Compressor/CompressorKit.bundle/Co ntents/Frameworks/DSPPublishing.framework/Versions/A/Resources/BlurayPublishingS erver

I believe that most of the other helper apps are inside of the Compressor.app bundle (Create Disk Share Monitor, etc)

Workgroup Manager permissions for Final Cut Pro suite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.