Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

due to power outage while completing a transfer of photo's from a memory card to I-photo, my I-photo is now non-responsive. How can this be fixed? Did it crash? Also, I-photo seems to work on both of my son's desktops but not mine.

Due to power outage (HURRICANE IRENE) while completing a transfer of photo's from a memory card to I-photo, my I-photo is now non-responsive. I must force quite this screen in order for me to get out of I-photo. How can this be fixed? Did it crash? Also, I-photo seems to work on both of my son's desktops but not mine.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8), everything else works fine

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 6:48 AM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2011 6:55 AM in response to mokihanafromacra

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one. .

Regards

TD

due to power outage while completing a transfer of photo's from a memory card to I-photo, my I-photo is now non-responsive. How can this be fixed? Did it crash? Also, I-photo seems to work on both of my son's desktops but not mine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.