Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless mouse interference

Very odd/frustrating problem that I've come across this semester on campus.

I have a Logitech wireless mouse that I use on SL 10.6.8. I started noticing weird issues with my pointers behavior when using my laptop in a couple of my classes. When using the keyboard to type text in a field-- no matter the application--the cursor will jump from its usual place on the end to a random spot in my line of text. It will also jump lines, highlight random characters, and do all sorts of crazy things. Sometimes clicks will not register.

At first I assumed this was a problem with my wireless mouse so I removed the usb receiver and turned off my mouse. The problem persisted. Perplexed, I restarted my computer, repaired permissions, ran maintenance scripts, etc. all to no avail. Doing some quick googling I came across a number of possible answers as to what the problem may be. One being some sort of bug with Airport/wireless, which I found wasn't the case. The others being related to wireless mice/bluetooth devices. Well, my mouse wasn't connected. I picked my laptop up and left the classroom and walked out into the hall. The problem dissappeared! I went back in and noticed someone sitting a few seats to my right( CS class, lots of laptops out) had a wireless usb mouse out. It was happened to be a Logitech. I moved to other side of the classroom to temporarily solve this issue.

A few nights later I had my laptop out before class started in another classroom and my pointer started going haywire again just using the trackpad. I was sitting towards the front of class and my professor was only one on a computer in room. I asked if he was using a wireless mouse, he said yes, I asked what kind, he obviously said Logitech.

Any idea of any solutions to this problem? Perhaps I could uninstall my own Logitech drivers and see if that would work, but then I wouldn't be able to use my wireless mouse set up at home with my external monitor. Constantly avoid rooms with people that have Logitech wireless mice?

Macbook 2.4 ghz late 2008, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 4GB RAM / Intel 320 160GB SSD

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 7:50 AM

1 reply

Wireless mouse interference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.