Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While browsing OS X partition from Windows 7, sudden DOS-like blue screen

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit edition on a 2.4 GHz MacBook by means of Boot Camp, and I then installed the drivers that were on the OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard installation disk.

While in Windows 7, I tried browsing the OS X partition. Almost immediately after I started browsing it, a DOS-like blue screen with white text appeared with some sort of error message. It then disappeared very quickly and the computer restarted. I cannot remember exactly what the message indicated; it might have been indicating the imminent restart.

Has anyone encountered something similar?

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 1:57 PM

Crap HFS driver for read-only. Disable or invest and install Paragon HFS driver.

HFS filenames can be illegal for NTFS, also.

4 replies

Sep 23, 2011 3:32 AM in response to John with a G4

AppleHFS.sys and AppleMNT.sys are the two files that control HFS read-only.

I also went through ALL my files, found any with filenames that would be invalid and had special characters etc in order to avoid the "green explorer bar" from happening.

Why they (Apple) can't provide HFS controls, to allow or disable the service. Whether in Services, or part of the whole "Boot Camp" control panel - a central place for things Apple - they need to put TimeServices in there also, maybe Bonjour and MobileMe preferences as well. But that would be logical and rational approach.

While browsing OS X partition from Windows 7, sudden DOS-like blue screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.