Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook pro won't boot up past the white screen....what might be wrong?

My MacBook Pro won't boot up past the white screen (after the Apple logo.) I'm pretty sure it's not the hard rive since I can Bootup if I hit shift while starting up my computer. Anyone else having this problem?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 4:30 PM

2 replies

Nov 22, 2011 4:03 AM in response to burdell1

I am having a similar issue, i get a chime, the apple logo appears i see the spinning track below the logo, and then the mouse pointer appears and the screen goes white, and then changes to that sepia-grey tone then keeps alternating!! It works pretty normally into safe mode

Have you fixed yours?? pls eloborate on your issue and let me know if you find a solution!!

Mar 12, 2013 5:06 PM in response to burdell1

Odd how this hasn't been archived yet.

I'm getting the same thing with my Macbook, but can't boot past the white screen. An Apple store in KS suggested I needed a new hard drive, but I've already put two in there and it's still doing the same thing. I really don't want to buy another motherboard like I had to a couple of years ago.

My choices are either buy a cheap drive to boot from and remove the current one to put into an external case, or save the money by not buying a new motherboard and putting it as a down payment toward a Mac mini.

My MacBook pro won't boot up past the white screen....what might be wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.