Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerBook G3 (PDQ) — Startup disk and PCMCIA slot problem

Hello

I have encountered a problem with my powerbook G3 (PDQ model)

Once when I had to configure my microphone, I saw that there was "Zoomed video" present in the list of audio inputs.

I thought this was a glitch, and inserted my SD card reader into the lower PCMCIA slot. Then my display got messed up.

The slot insertion doesn't seem to work right too, it resists much more than the top slot does.

It didn't react to anything except Fn-Shift-Ctrl-Power, which is Reset.

It happens in both OS9 and 10.2.

Photo: http://instagr.am/p/NtWNH/

Once I was able to insert it right so it wouldn't mess up, and i used the reader in the lower slot as usual.

When I ejected it, the card didn't pop out as usual and it was hard to pull out, and the screen was messed up as well.

The second problem is that when I start the "Startup Disk" control panel in OS9, the PowerBook hangs for no particular reason, also reacting to Reset only.

Maybe there is a bootloader I can install so I'd choose the OS I want before actually booting anything?

Could these problems be related to each other, or a dead battery? Maybe to the incorrectly set clock (however doesn't seem so)? Or related to using an Apple DVD drive?

Thanks,

~ Vladislav Korotnev

PowerBook, Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 12:47 AM

2 replies

PowerBook G3 (PDQ) — Startup disk and PCMCIA slot problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.