Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The "me" picture in address book keeps changing itself!

I've had my Macbook Air for two weeks now and for some reason the "me" picture in Adress Book (6.0 - Lion) keeps changing itself. I've tried everything but the picture keeps switching back to the old default picture I chose when I set up my computer. If I open up my card in Adressbook and change the picture it will switch back within 2 seconds right infront of my eyes! If I change my user icon in System Preferences it will revert to the old icon as soon as I open up Adress Book. I've also tried to set up another admin account and change it through there, but no luck.

It might sound like a petty problem but it's very frustrating so please help! How do I get the picture I chose as my "me" picture to stay?

/E

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 12:26 PM

SOLVED!

I simply deleted my own adress card and made a new one! Now everything seemes to work fine and I can change my picture without it cagning back to the old one 🙂

2 replies

Feb 15, 2013 5:42 AM in response to SEJBEH

Strangely, this same problem started happening to me this morning ... after months of no problems. I am certain that I haven't made any remotely-related changes in the past few days.

Anyway, here is an easier solution that worked for me.

Instead of trying to change the pic from the address book app, I went into the system preferences screen "Users & Groups". (If locked, unlock the page to make changes.) Click on the picture and select "Edit Picture". At the top select "Recent Pictures" and select the one you want. Then click "Set".

Within a second or two, the address book picture changed to my desired picture. No problems since.

The "me" picture in address book keeps changing itself!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.