Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get Icon Composer for Lion?

I want to make an icon with a transparent background. Icon Composer is supposed to be part of Apple Developer Tools which, I believe, was included in the installation discs of pre-Lion OSs, but with Lion not having an installation disc, I can't find it.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 4:06 PM

11 replies

Jun 18, 2012 6:36 PM in response to SteveKir

If Apple is listening, we got this today:

High-Resolution App Icon and Newsstand Cover Art for Retina Display
Starting in July, newly submitted iOS apps require high-resolution icons and cover art. Large icons and Newsstand cover art must have a minimum resolution of 1024 x 1024 pixels. ...

Apple, any plans to update Icon Composer to handle 1024X1024 soon so we can meet this deadline more easily?

Aug 22, 2012 2:11 PM in response to asameshimae

There is no Developer folder anymore if you get XCode from the app store. And my copy of Icon Composer disappeared along with it. The version of Icon composer I got from the link above (Version 2.4) has no apparent means of adding a 1024x1024 icon either. Big thumbs down for this, since without it my app fails validation for the Mac App Store.

Where can I get Icon Composer for Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.