Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advanced Keynote Exporting

Here's the situation.

I've done Keynote exports pretty easily. However I am starting to formalize my process for video editing and I need to get even better results. I do professional videos for various subjects, and I have found that using Keynote with some simple animations and audio gave me an excellent cover/introduction to the video footage. However, I'm of course limited on the format and compression options. Before, I would just do QuickTime full quality and that was fine, but then when I processed the footage in Premiere Pro (which is where the final video is getting chopped and screwed), I lose significant quality. I thought it was the codec, but it appears to be the actual format itself.

My video source footage is AVCHD, 1080p30 (according to the camcorder). Premiere Pro's closest sequence is AVCHD 1080i60, which I then can render as needed. But I can't very well send the Keynote export into Premiere that way, and I end up having to do signficant rendering to get it to comply, and again, I lose quality. I would do stills if not for the animations in the slide. I suppose I could do Image Sequence, but we're talking likely hundreds of stills to get the animation as smooth as it is in the slide.

I sent out as basically an uncompressed MOV, and Premiere Pro seems to at least like that, but then I end up with a 2GB file. We're talking about one slide of 15 second length, that's just not going to cut it.

So...I need some suggestions on the most efficient way to get this video exported from Keynote into a format that Premiere Pro will like and understand. Does anyone have any such suggestions? I'm not averse to using Final Cut Pro if it gets me a better output, but I do prefer Premiere Pro's interface and option sets.

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 11:32 AM

Problem (somewhat) solved. The Animation codec appears to give me a reasonable filesize, and Premiere Pro likes the footage that it gets. It's not perfect - the text gets interlaced after the fact, but that's likely because of the sequence setting, which I can do nothing about given the camera.

1 reply

Advanced Keynote Exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.