Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing old Jam Packs on new MacBook Pro

Hi. I recently migrated all my Garageband projects to a new i5 MacBook Pro. The Jampack software instruments have disappeared (and the Jampack manuals are covered with a no-entry type sign and a notice that says "Power PC software no longer supported"). I can see I still have my old Garageband loops, though.

1. Is there any way to reinstall the software instruments from my old JamPack disks? My tracks really miss some of them.

2. If so, will this mean I get additional copies of every loop? (Should I delete all the Jampack stuff from this Mac and just start reloading? Where are the loops stored on my Mac?)

Thanks for your help!!

Neil

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 6:14 PM

bluesix10 wrote:

Hi. I recently migrated all my Garageband projects to a new i5 MacBook Pro. The Jampack software instruments have disappeared (and the Jampack manuals are covered with a no-entry type sign and a notice that says "Power PC software no longer supported"). I can see I still have my old Garageband loops, though.

1. Is there any way to reinstall the software instruments from my old JamPack disks? My tracks really miss some of them.

2. If so, will this mean I get additional copies of every loop? (Should I delete all the Jampack stuff from this Mac and just start reloading? Where are the loops stored on my Mac?)

Thanks for your help!!

Neil

1. I would try reinstalling the Jam Packs from the original disks. There are some incompatibilities and strangeness with the Jam Packs (which are no longer sold / supported), so it's a little hit or miss. However, I've been able to install jam packs on a new mac and, outside from strange error messages, have now been able to install them OK.

2. I'm not sure, but I'd try moving the loops to another folder, then toss after a successful reinstall. To find the loops, go to your Disk -> Library and look in the application support folder (then GB) as well as the Audio (then Apple Loops) folder.

3. Finally, if things get completely buggered, you could always fully delete GB and all of its bits and pieces, then reinstall GB and the Jam Packs from scratch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2011 6:14 PM in response to bluesix10

bluesix10 wrote:

Thanks for your help!!

Neil

1. I would try reinstalling the Jam Packs from the original disks. There are some incompatibilities and strangeness with the Jam Packs (which are no longer sold / supported), so it's a little hit or miss. However, I've been able to install jam packs on a new mac and, outside from strange error messages, have now been able to install them OK.

2. I'm not sure, but I'd try moving the loops to another folder, then toss after a successful reinstall. To find the loops, go to your Disk -> Library and look in the application support folder (then GB) as well as the Audio (then Apple Loops) folder.

3. Finally, if things get completely buggered, you could always fully delete GB and all of its bits and pieces, then reinstall GB and the Jam Packs from scratch.

Installing old Jam Packs on new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.