4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2011 7:07 PM by mauijiminar
Chantus Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Does somebody could explain me the difference between Itunes store, Itunes U and Appstore? Is all the same?

I also find less than intuitive the search engine inside these interfaces. No subcategories at all. Suposse that I want to look for a book, podcast or magazine about climbing. I enter in sports category, but then I find 2788 apps (for the ipad). How can i refine this search?.

Many thanks

Pablo

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), ATI Radeon
  • FishComputer Level 4 Level 4 (1,035 points)

iTunes is an application. The dock icon looks like this:

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/162/16229572-1.png

This has the iOS app store, iTunes U, and many other Music related things. The iOS app store is for purchasing apps solely for iOS devices like iPad or iPhone.

App Store, or Mac App Store, which is available in 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) and and later release.

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/162/16229572-2.png

This is for buying apps for your computer.

Any purchases made in the (Mac) App Store are also available on any other computer that you use the same iTunes account with for free.

Any purchases made in the iOS App Store, or the iTunes store are also available on any other computer or iOS device that you use the same iTunes account with for free.

• Chantus Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Many thanks,

a bit clear now.

So the App Store icon on my ipad it´s the same store inside Itunes (called Itunes U). But it´s not the same App Store that i have on my macbook.

It would be better if they have just one site, same name, with the content related to the device you are entering from...

Not to say that sync apps with Itunes is a pain. The less intuitive thing i found in computers for years.

• mauijiminar Level 4 Level 4 (1,630 points)

No I tunes on the I pad is for music, movies, podcasts. App store is to download apps.

• mauijiminar Level 4 Level 4 (1,630 points)

I tunes u is within I tubes for college items like lectures and such.