7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 5:05 PM by BDAqua
Djipsy5 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

good Day everybody

Last night, i tried to switch to Mail , but i get a message error that said that it crashes on start up , so i tried to switch to iCal but it wont start too, and even for garageband iMovie iphoto iWeb , iDVD . Any of them would start up. I get a message error of crash. So i look for the console to see what 's wrong. And today i entered the preference system to change screensaver option and when i click on "Desktop and screensavers" i got the message error "impossible to load desktop and screensaver preference tab".

Process:         Mail [1133]

Path:            /Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail

Identifier:      com.apple.mail

Version:         ??? (???)

Build Info:      Mail-9360000~1

Code Type:       PPC (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [61]

Interval Since Last Report:          86143 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           16

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  0 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   5

Date/Time:       2011-09-22 15:08:21.807 +0000

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Report Version:  6

Anonymous UUID:  525A49FF-5106-4DD8-93A1-DC3CD3B34A12

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105c

Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/iLifeM ediaBrowser

Referenced from: /Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail

Reason: image not found

When i switch to GarageBand or iMovie or iDVD or iWEb , it says the samething.

Please any advice will be really really reaallllllllllly helpful. The one thing i would hear is that i will have to reinstall the operating system , cause i loose the DVD install of Tiger.

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 15" 512 Mo DDR SDRAM, 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4
  • 1. Re: Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup
    BDAqua Level 10 Level 10 (116,480 points)

Hi , and a warm welcome to the forums!

Could be many things, we should start with this...

"Try Disk Utility

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu at top of the screen. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

*Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.*

3. Click the First Aid tab.

4. Select your Mac OS X volume.

5. Click Repair Disk, (not Repair Permissions). Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk."

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Then try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive.)

If perchance you can't find your install Disc, at least try it from the Safe Boot part onward.

• 2. Re: Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup

Thanks a Lot you can imagine how much i am happy to see that there is someone trying to help me.

I try to "verify Disk" as you said, but it says that the disk can't be verified and repaired and repaired cause there is 55637 instead of 55638 .  

All the apllications that came with the OS won't work.

But i rembember that i modified files , i think i have erased one without paying attention.

Please i know that what i am gonna told you is  very risky, but help me, we are a mac community, I come to see that the iLifeMediaBrowser.framework is missing . Please can you enter in you : MacintoshHD/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework      

Please make a copy of your "iLifeMediaBrowser.framework"  and pleaase send it to me by uploading it to Megaupload and then give me the download URL . Or send it to my Email Djibrylcolley@hotmail.fr

I swear to god that i will be extremely happy if you can do this for me cause i really really really dont wanna re install my system.

• 3. Re: Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup
    I try to "verify Disk" as you said, but it says that the disk can't be verified and repaired and repaired cause there is 55637 instead of 55638 .

Before anything else we must Repair the Disk, did you try booting from Install Disk as above & using Disk Utiilty to Repair Disk?

Please make a copy of your "iLifeMediaBrowser.framework"  and pleaase send it to me...

Sorry, not quite sure it's that easy, I think it depends which Version of iLife we both have, but...

• 4. Re: Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup

No i tried to  repair it thru the Disk Utility cause i have no DVD install with me . If i ask to you this it's because , my father need the computer to finish an job he has started with iWork. He must finish it and send it to his society. But iWork too, wont open , they all need the iLifeMediaBrowser.framework   . So no time to reinstall the system. I am using iLife09 with OS 10.5.8 .

I really need this one , please send it to me. Pleaaaassse . I erased it and now the mac need it , i know i was stupid. But please again , send me your copy of this file

• 5. Re: Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup

Did you check your eMail lately?

I don't have iLife 9 btw.

• 6. Re: Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup

man please look at your email now. i send you 2 messages

• 7. Re: Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup

Great news, thanks!