Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup

good Day everybody

Last night, i tried to switch to Mail , but i get a message error that said that it crashes on start up , so i tried to switch to iCal but it wont start too, and even for garageband iMovie iphoto iWeb , iDVD . Any of them would start up. I get a message error of crash. So i look for the console to see what 's wrong. And today i entered the preference system to change screensaver option and when i click on "Desktop and screensavers" i got the message error "impossible to load desktop and screensaver preference tab".

Process: Mail [1133]

Path: /Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail

Identifier: com.apple.mail

Version: ??? (???)

Build Info: Mail-9360000~1

Code Type: PPC (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [61]

Interval Since Last Report: 86143 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 16

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 5

Date/Time: 2011-09-22 15:08:21.807 +0000

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Report Version: 6

Anonymous UUID: 525A49FF-5106-4DD8-93A1-DC3CD3B34A12

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105c

Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/iLifeM ediaBrowser

Referenced from: /Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail

Reason: image not found

When i switch to GarageBand or iMovie or iDVD or iWEb , it says the samething.

Please any advice will be really really reaallllllllllly helpful. The one thing i would hear is that i will have to reinstall the operating system , cause i loose the DVD install of Tiger.

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 15" 512 Mo DDR SDRAM, 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 7:01 PM

Hi , and a warm welcome to the forums! 🙂

Could be many things, we should start with this...

"Try Disk Utility

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu at top of the screen. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

*Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.*

3. Click the First Aid tab.

4. Select your Mac OS X volume.

5. Click Repair Disk, (not Repair Permissions). Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk."

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Then try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive.)

If perchance you can't find your install Disc, at least try it from the Safe Boot part onward.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2011 7:01 PM in response to Djipsy5

Hi , and a warm welcome to the forums! 🙂

Could be many things, we should start with this...

"Try Disk Utility

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu at top of the screen. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

*Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.*

3. Click the First Aid tab.

4. Select your Mac OS X volume.

5. Click Repair Disk, (not Repair Permissions). Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk."

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Then try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive.)

If perchance you can't find your install Disc, at least try it from the Safe Boot part onward.

Sep 26, 2011 11:09 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks a Lot you can imagine how much i am happy to see that there is someone trying to help me.

I try to "verify Disk" as you said, but it says that the disk can't be verified and repaired and repaired cause there is 55637 instead of 55638 .

All the apllications that came with the OS won't work.

But i rembember that i modified files , i think i have erased one without paying attention.

Please i know that what i am gonna told you is very risky, but help me, we are a mac community, I come to see that the iLifeMediaBrowser.framework is missing . Please can you enter in you : MacintoshHD/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework

Please make a copy of your "iLifeMediaBrowser.framework" and pleaase send it to me by uploading it to Megaupload and then give me the download URL . Or send it to my Email Djibrylcolley@hotmail.fr

I swear to god that i will be extremely happy if you can do this for me cause i really really really dont wanna re install my system.

Sep 26, 2011 11:44 AM in response to Djipsy5

I try to "verify Disk" as you said, but it says that the disk can't be verified and repaired and repaired cause there is 55637 instead of 55638 .

Before anything else we must Repair the Disk, did you try booting from Install Disk as above & using Disk Utiilty to Repair Disk?

Please make a copy of your "iLifeMediaBrowser.framework" and pleaase send it to me...

Sorry, not quite sure it's that easy, I think it depends which Version of iLife we both have, but...

Sep 26, 2011 1:42 PM in response to BDAqua

No i tried to repair it thru the Disk Utility cause i have no DVD install with me . If i ask to you this it's because , my father need the computer to finish an job he has started with iWork. He must finish it and send it to his society. But iWork too, wont open , they all need the iLifeMediaBrowser.framework . So no time to reinstall the system. I am using iLife09 with OS 10.5.8 .

I really need this one , please send it to me. Pleaaaassse . I erased it and now the mac need it , i know i was stupid. But please again , send me your copy of this file

Applications (Mail, iCal, iChat, GarageBand, iPhoto,iWeb,iDVD) crashes on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.