Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where have my Garageband saved instruments gone?

I had several instruments saved in Garageband that I have been using for months that have disappeared from my software instrument list suddenly. I have "show all" selected in the drop down. I have checked the path to the saved instruments (Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Track Settings/Software Patches) and all the instruments are there, the just aren't showing up in Garageband anymore. Any thoughts?

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 1:02 PM

Problem Solved. I was backing up my folders and accidentally moved my files instead copying them. The folder, "Software Patches" in the path listed above was my copy folder. Saved instruments go to ~/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Track Settings/Software, which I accidentally emptied. I hope this helps anyone else who makes a similar silly, but critcal, mistake.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2011 1:02 PM in response to theChampions

Problem Solved. I was backing up my folders and accidentally moved my files instead copying them. The folder, "Software Patches" in the path listed above was my copy folder. Saved instruments go to ~/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Track Settings/Software, which I accidentally emptied. I hope this helps anyone else who makes a similar silly, but critcal, mistake.

Where have my Garageband saved instruments gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.