Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File copy Zero Kilobytes with finder on SMB but not on AFP

Hello, we have an editorial problem with a strange bug. Files copied from, within or to a windows 2008 server from the Finder appear as Zero Kb files. Mostly suitcase fonts without extension (not all of them), if we compress them and copy and uncompress they become Unix executable files.

The problem when we copy and they become Zero Kb files is random and strange and has, for what we see, nothing to do with the server. It will happen on connections with SMB but not with connections on AFP.

We can't connect all our computers with AFP sharing because the server won't work, he had to buy a couple licences for EZ IP in order to keep the macs with 10.4 (PPC) working but it's useless to do that with the Lion or Snowleopard ones.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 8:33 AM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2011 1:01 PM in response to danielsosmacfrance

Well you know that the Apple holes have known about this since at least 10.5 and have of course ignored the issue, because they know better than everyone else and we should be using AFP anyway.

Its our fault for not having a cool 100% mac environment.

I'm once more googling for a proper fix to this as today my SMB shares decided to mount but not interact so I have wasted a whole day trying to fix this and failed and every person in th eoffice on their cool iMacs had a nice day browsing the internet because they couldn't access any drawings.

Thank you Apple for being sooooo cool.

As I said, complete Apple Holes...

File copy Zero Kilobytes with finder on SMB but not on AFP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.