Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i connect my powerbook G3 to the internet?

I recieved a Mac Powerbook G3 to take with me to iran to give to a less fortunate family but i have no idea how to connect to the internet (for updates and general usage) as the os is really old (10.2)

can somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to connect to the internet, either via wifi or ethernet or dial up if thats the only option.

Thanks

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 1:00 PM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2011 1:08 PM in response to Jahan.H

It depends on which PowerBook G3 you have. The early ones had Ethernet and a 33.6K modem. The last one had fast Ethernet, a 56K modem, and an internal slot for an AirPort wifi card, which may be installed.

I can't remember exactly how 10.2 worked, but in System Preferences there should be a Network pane where you can configure the Ethernet and wifi. In most cases you can just leave them at default set to DHCP and it will connect to any Internet coffee shop or library.

How do i connect my powerbook G3 to the internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.