Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trust MacKeeper?

I need to download internet security for my Mac. I found MacKeeper and it seems not to be a scam company but I just won't to make sure that It can trusted?

MacKeeper-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Can MacKeeper be trusted?

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 1:09 PM

13 replies

Jul 19, 2012 5:45 PM in response to cdcongdon

I have been using MacKeeper since the end of last year with NO problems. I have it on a MacBook and a MacBook Pro and it works great for me. It installed with no problems and I was satisfied with the free trial and then upgraded. I had one small problem with my upgrade and the technical assistance was prompt and professional. Problem solved in minutes and I would purchase it again if I ever needed to do so. I have read most of the complaints and I disagree with them all.

Nov 11, 2012 3:25 AM in response to Scribblerg

I don't believe this is an honest post. It has to be part of the robust scam operation that Zeobit is mounting to maximize profits. There is a clear consensus in these forums that actually doesn't identify the depth of the deception and sabotage scheme that is in place to make you think that you have to by Mac Keeper once it has invaded your mac and brought it to your knees. That is my unambiguous experience. Scribblerg, you've either been had big time or are an explicitly planted cancer in this forum.

Jul 7, 2013 3:40 PM in response to Cooljoe58

Cooljoe58 wrote:

You are correct about mackeeper because i tried several times to uninstall it and it will not leave.

Try harder! 😀

Further opinion on it and how to uninstall MacKeeper malware can be read here:

http://applehelpwriter.com/2011/09/21/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-malware/

MacKeeper have recently said that the uninstaller from here:

http://applehelpwriter.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-malwa re/

now works.

Can I trust MacKeeper?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.