Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X Help Viewer empty

Hi,

The Final Cut Pro X Help viewer is mostly empty. Of all the topics displayed in the TOC, strangely the only one that displays content is Keyboard shortcuts and gestures > Overview. It's the last first-level topic before Glossary. Go figure. 😕

I was using FCP X, along with the FCP X Help Viewer, all morning. FCP X then crashed. I relaunched the app, but when I went back to using the Help Viewer, the FCP X content was gone. The FCP X Help TOC is visible, but clicking on any of the topics displays, "The selected topic is currently unavailable. To see all Final Cut Pro Help, you must be connected to the Internet." I am undoubtedly connected to the Internet.

I am able to select the Home icon in the Help Viewer app, and select help for a different application (iMovie '11 Help, for example), and it works fine. It seems that the FCP X crash wiped out the help file. Is that possible?

I also tried accessing help directly from the Help menu item from within FCP X; for example, typing 'transition' in the search field shows one Menu Item and several Help Topics. Selecting the first help topic, Create split edits, yields an empty Help Viewer page.

I've deleted the various com.apple.help* files, to no avail. I've also followed the Help Viewer reset procedures in The X Lab website, which everyone seems to reference when it comes to Help Viewer issues.

I also dug around in the Final Cut Pro X application bundle file. In /Contents/Resources, there is the FinalCutPro10.help file. It's a total of 1.1MB. I poked around in there and I can't find any 'help' files. I would think the entire FCP X help system is larger than 1.1MB, although I think it downloads its content from the Internet, so its size doesn't matter I suppose.

Um...Help (Viewer)?

MacBook Pro 17 3,1, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 5:00 PM

This is the result of Apple's clever move to put the manual online (access through inline or on the web).

At the moment Apple's help site is down which means if anybody want to consult the manual they have to wait until it is up. Did they really think that concpet through. I don't even talk about when using FCPx where you have no internet connection.

User uploaded file

Edgar Rothermich

"Final Cut Pro X - How it Works"

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2011 5:00 PM in response to PatrickL

This is the result of Apple's clever move to put the manual online (access through inline or on the web).

At the moment Apple's help site is down which means if anybody want to consult the manual they have to wait until it is up. Did they really think that concpet through. I don't even talk about when using FCPx where you have no internet connection.

User uploaded file

Edgar Rothermich

"Final Cut Pro X - How it Works"

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

FCP X Help Viewer empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.