Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse doesn't work with new batteries

my magic mouse green led light won't turn on after putting in new batteries. I've changed the batteries a few times with no problems, but now it won't work. Can my mouse be defective/broken only after a few months??

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 7:34 PM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2014 10:35 AM in response to assemblage10

I have exactly the same issue. Whenever I replace the batteries in my magic mouse I have a few days of constant disconnections. At first it's very annoying and the mouse disconnects every 3 minutes or so. It reconnects automatically in about 15 seconds but it's a huge pain. After a couple of days the connection seems to smooth out and become very stable. My guess is that it is something to do with the actual BlueTooth radio and that the signal strength might actually be too high at first. One note is that I have a magic mouse that I use with an iMac and that never seems to have the trouble, but the mouse that I've used with my laptops has always had this problem even with a couple of different laptops. It might be the mouse, but it also could be that when I'm using my laptops the mouse is only a few inches from the computer, but on the desktop the mouse is probably 2 feet from the computer.

Seems like it's a radio issue to me.

magic mouse doesn't work with new batteries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.