Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is HDCP protection always on when using Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter?

I'm trying to capture my MacBook Air (2010) desktop for use in a Podcast.

So I purchased a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and plugged that into a HDMI capture card on another machine.

Unfortunately it keeps telling me the stream is protected and it won't display anything.

I've tried my 2010 iMac and 2011 Mac Mini too, but they all produce the same issue.

If i plug them directly into a TV instead then they display fine, but not when connected to the capture card.

A windows based laptop with HDMI out works fine as does a DVD player. But when I attempt to play a cop protected DVD - then the HDCP kicks in and the picture is blocked.

Does anyone know if there is a way to display just the Lion Desktop without invoking HDCP protection?

Thanks in Advance

Anthony

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 9:05 PM

There are no replies.

Is HDCP protection always on when using Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.