Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internal isight on windows

How do i use my internal isight camera on windows xp connection? It asks for either the drive to install which i do not have or to link there myself. What can i do to make this work? I currently am using something other than bootcamp so preferably something that works outside of bootcamp but if there are no other answers i will try and use that if thats the only solution. Thanks,

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 10:22 PM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2011 2:33 PM in response to EZ Jim

Hi,

In fact once you have Windows on whichever of EZ Jim's enquiries then stick in the OS X Install Disk whilst booted in to Windows.

Run the Installers.

User uploaded file
10:33 PM Friday; September 30, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Sep 30, 2011 6:03 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Ok Ralph i will give this a try and see if i can do that. I am assuming there is a way to only instal certain items off the disk? Also, i realize that bootcamp is the safest and probably makes the most sense but when i was first trying to create this I didnt know boot camp came with the new OS's and was told about something else being free. When i originally posted this i had already installed windows and set everything up for the most part so i did not want to just quit and start all over. I am very stubborn so i keep at things until i get it or it becomes a total failure or until i am told it is impossible. SO yeah anyway, i will let you know what happens.

Oct 1, 2011 12:03 PM in response to nickhex

Hi,

Yes. Apple Include the Windows Drivers on the Install Disk and they can be run in Windows once booted into it.

Obviously they were designed to be used in a Boot Camp Boot of Windows but will work with other Boots of Windows on a Mac such as Parallels or the VMFusion options.

User uploaded file
8:03 PM Saturday; October 1, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

internal isight on windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.