Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login item: "Launch_IKCP" ???

Administrator account has login item "Launch_IKCP" and Google search shows no info. I'd like to find out what this application is and why it is in my login items. Anyone know what this is?

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 3:14 AM

Nevermind - found it. Installed as part of a software package I purchased.

4 replies

Oct 12, 2011 2:42 AM in response to pbarber

Hi there pbarber,

I am dying to know the answer You and I are the only people in the whole world interested in finding out "what is Launch_IKCP". My Macbook is crashing for some reason and I use Startupizer to manage my autostart items - so I see this on my list. Should I take it out? Its not from IronKey is it? Is it maybe a Mac locator I installed at some time?

Many Thanks

Barry Marshall

Oct 12, 2011 5:30 AM in response to barryfromsubiaco

baryfromsubiaco,

This was installed as part of a sub package required by a program called Hijack this. I was able to find it by using the Activity Monitor, selecting the process and looking at the files that it was using, I think. It's been awhile. I forget the name of actual program that it is, but it is something that could be used by multiple programs. Had something to do w/ letting the parent app redirect the audio stream.

If you google for Hijack This and read the info, it should tell you the name of the program thats that it installs.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Powell

Login item: "Launch_IKCP" ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.