Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can compressed files be opened on ipad

Sometimes I want to send a number of documents to my iPad for use later when I am not at my computer. If I compress them is there a way to open the compressed file on my ipad2?

Thanks.

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 12:44 PM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2011 12:54 PM in response to Nancy Bley1

Depending on how you compress them, yes, it's possible. iUnarchive is one expander app that seems to get good reviews. You can try the Lite version and then if it works for you decide whether you want to get rid of the ads and get the additional features of the paid version:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/iunarchive-lite/id380663019?mt=8

Regards.

Oct 27, 2011 6:57 AM in response to Nancy Bley1

I'm not aware of any compression utiltiies for iOS, though there might be one out there I haven't been able to find. Something like that would be difficult since iOS doesn't have normal file system allowing direct access to files to be able to create an archive of several. Using a cloud-based service such as Dropbox might be a better solution than emailing files.

Regards.

can compressed files be opened on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.