Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 4 4.3.5, PEOPLE WILL NOT HEAR ME WHEN I CALL THEM

Some basic searching has come with it has to do with the noise canceling thing on top. I recently went back to iphone 4 from Android. I get the phone, load all my stuff up on it and then someone calls me. I pick up, I say hey and they cant hear me. I have tried calling several people, all with the same probem. Using facetime, they can see and hear me. I can record voice memos so I know the mic is not broken.

So here is my question, how do I get it fixed ? I would like to hold a converstaion with someone rather then text so much. Please email me if you would like

emmanuelrahman@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 7:03 PM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2011 7:29 PM in response to Eman2k5

Remove all screen protectors and cases and try your phone.

Basic troubleshooting steps are restart, reset, restore (first from backup, then as new). If these steps fail, you have a hardware problem.

Out of warranty exchange is $199 in the US. Some Geniuses have been known to waive the exchange fee if you're really close to your expiration. If you go in NOT expecting this, perhaps you might get lucky.

IPHONE 4 4.3.5, PEOPLE WILL NOT HEAR ME WHEN I CALL THEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.