Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Think TB display is locking up too

Along with my network problems randomly when the setup actually wakes up I think the display is locking up while asleep. On a 2011mba13 I clicked apple, sleep. Several hours later I went to wake the setup but got no responce from the bluetooh keyboard (bluetooth is set to wake computer). I plugged phone into usb on the display, not charging. I open the air and press its keyboard, it doesn't wake up. I unhooked the air's power from the display and the green status led stayed on the plug. Finally I unplugged the TBolt cable (which was hot) and the led went off on the power plug, the phone instantly started charging, and the air woke up its own screen. I plugged the Tbolt cable back in and its working fine at the moment.

ThunderBolt Display-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 2011 Macbook Air 13

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 10:25 PM

2 replies

Sep 29, 2011 11:13 AM in response to dalum

I have the same setup as you and have also see what looks like a display 'lock up'. I've seen two cases; display suddenly goes black while in use, and display won't come back on after the Air has been asleep or blanking the screen.

I did notice that I was getting sound; I move around on the bluetooth touchpad for a bit and got a "can't do that" sort of sound at one point, so some aspect of the monitor is still working in this state.

In all cases I'm working with the air in a closed position, USB keyboard and bluetooth touchpad. Nothing else connected besides gig-ethernet to the display.

Think TB display is locking up too

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.