Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion VPN with a Windows 7 client; can't browse network

So, here's my setup..

I have a Lion Server running VPN (192.168.1.11 /24), a windows box behind the VPN (192.168.1.15) and a Windows 7 client connecting.

I've been able to get the Windows 7 client to actually connect to the VPN. I can also manually go to the client machine (i.e. \\192.168.1.15 ), and I've even thought of creating a static hosts entry for the netbios name -> IP, but, while all that works, the simple fact is that I can NOT browse the network using either a mac client OR a windows client.

DHCP/DNS is being done by the router (A Verizon Actiontec router with a MoCA connection.)

I COULD get the lion server to serve dns/dhcp for the whole network, but, haven't yet. Lion server uses the router IP as it's DNS (and does not use the local DNS at all). I've tried to both ways though; didn't solve the issue.

So, is there any way to fix the ability to browse beyond the VPN? Lion does not include (that I can find) a WINS server....

Lion server is DMZ'd from the router. So, all ports are open.

Help!

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Server

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 10:40 PM

1 reply

Lion VPN with a Windows 7 client; can't browse network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.