Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I run everything through my email, suddenly my email has stopped working and says its "account offline", i hit the "go online". it trys to turn on i suppose and try to bring in emails,and update my ical but then it fails. HELP!

Description of what i have and what i am dealing with:

yahoo email account

macbook pro (bought in sept. 2011 new)

lion 10.7.1

2.7 ghz intel core i7

4gb 1333 mhz ddr3

macintosh hd

my email account will not retreve new emails or update/save changes to my ical

Mail:

it keeps saying its offline

i hit the button that says turn on

it looks like it trys to retreve emails because the little spinning wheel comes up and spins around for a minute then goes off.

then a little triangle (caution) sign comes up beside the inbox

i hit the caution sign and goes back to square 1

iCal:

click on the "Calendars" button

the little caution sign comes up (same one as emails)

i hit it and says "The server responded with an error", "The request (CalDAVRemoveCalendarQueueableOperation) for account “Yahoo!” failed."

i thought it would be something with my wifi at home, so i went to my school, then to 2 more friends houses, and its the same issue

i have come through "preferences" on my safari, mail, and ical to double check and make sure everything was ok

i have went to "system preferences", to my email accounts, edited and re-entered everything in correctly about my yahoo email account

i have updated everything on my system

i dont know what else to do, please respond back soon! thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), email, yahoo, macbook pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 8:45 AM

2 replies

Oct 3, 2011 11:10 AM in response to joshfrompaducah

i found out my prob!

here is what you do.

go to the "system preferences" on your dock.

click "software updates".

click "installed software"

if it shows something about a recent update about "EFI UPDATE, FIRMWARE, THUNDERBOLT" or anything like that, exit out of it.

go to mail.

click "mail" at the top.

click "preferences...".

find the account you are having trouble with, once you do, make sure its highlighted, then click the "-" at the bottom of the window (this will only effect that mail account, it will not effect your ical weather or not its synced thought that email account)

hit the "+" (right next to the "-") and add your accout back!

its something with that update that effected mail, i hope this works out for you, if not reply back

I run everything through my email, suddenly my email has stopped working and says its "account offline", i hit the "go online". it trys to turn on i suppose and try to bring in emails,and update my ical but then it fails. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.