Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there lag on my ipod touch 4g ios 4.3.5

Lag.

Lots of it.

I'm the kind of person that obsessively ends all apps in the background at all times to conserve battery life, and I'm experiencing some unforgiving lag.

I have not EVER jailbroken my iPod Touch, and it is running the latest firmware. It is the 32 gb model, and has 16.3gb free.

212 songs, 38 videos, and 1,577 photos in it, plus 122 applications.

I am very disappointed by the recent lag (within three months from now) on my device. It takes more than 5 seconds to load up the settings app, and typing is extremely aggravating with the laggy keyboard. The screen freezes about five times or more within ten minutes, and the camera takes several seconds to load as well. What happened to the snappy device I bought only six months ago?

iPod touch

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 11:41 AM

7 replies

Sep 28, 2011 6:48 PM in response to lllaass

Yes. I do the reset thing once a week and it doesn't help. I'd like to mention that sometimes my screen begins having bizarre input problems as well. Like if I tap on 'o' jn the keyboard sometimes erf or some other sequence gets pressed on the screen. There are also times when it seems the device is possessed and everything i press can become bizarre wrong inputs such as swiping somehow opens a new page in safari etc.

Sep 28, 2011 7:27 PM in response to ColdHardFacts

sometimes I have similar issues. When I bought the device it had 4.3.3 preinstalled and was a lot more snappier then now with 4.3.5. Well it might be the OS itself. But because iOS5 is coming out any day now, we should just wait for that. I doubt that Apple puts a lot of refinement now in the 4.x series. Version5 is a complete new OS, so things will surely be better with that new platform.

😉

Mar 11, 2013 10:07 PM in response to ColdHardFacts

1. If want longer battery life, might better not close apps manually. Clear the RAM, reload the RAM, it's cost CPU time & battery. If not close the app, it's not really run on the background, it's just sit in the RAM and not cost CPU time.

2. If want to switching apps smoothly, might better not close apps manually. If close, there will be one more action: load to the RAM. If using lots of app at the same time, apps have higher chance loading slower, Home Screen might slow as well, but it will be smooth after the OS auto cleared RAM & fully loaded the Home Screen.

3. Conclution: it's a OS designed for bettery & user experience, un-like PC, such manual-free-RAM-maintence is not recomended. Unless the OS not free the RAM itself effectivly, to give the big game enough resource to run smoothly.

Mar 11, 2013 10:22 PM in response to iEatSoxLikeAnimal

Above are from my exprience & others thoughts, I'm not ensure the accuracy.

BTW if JB, I heard Mobile Substrate apps may coast RAM much, cause the apps not have enough RAM to run smoothly.

And, some game might not fully optimized for iPod touch 4 nowadays. In such case, disable some "Apple Stuff" will increase the performance: iCloud, Game Center, iMessage, FaceTime, Auto-Brightness, Search Index.

Why is there lag on my ipod touch 4g ios 4.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.