Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open iTunes on my computer.

When I tried to turn on iTunes yesterday I got the error message, "The procedure entry point AVCFPlayerItemDurationChangedNotification could not be located in the dynamic link library AVFoundation CF.dll." Then, when I clicked OK, I got a message saying iTunes was improperly downloaded and I need to download it again. How have I been using it for three years if it was improperly downloaded? I don't want to lose my library. I have much of it saved on CD's but lately I've been backing up to a flash drive and someone told me today that won't reload to iTunes. What do I do?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 1:46 PM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2011 2:01 PM in response to lancefromdimmitt

Try removing iTunes, Apple Application Support, and the related Apple software using Control Panel. For a walkthough on the process, check out this Apple document -> Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

Then try downloading and reinstalling the latest version of iTunes from here -> Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now

I can't open iTunes on my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.