Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing Blu-ray with QuickTime Pro on Windows 7?

I have Quicktime Pro Player v7.7 running on Windows 7. Can I use QT to play blu-ray disks? (My system does have a blu-ray capable drive.) ..Bill..

QuickTime Pro 7.7-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 1:48 PM

No, QuickTime Player will play neither Blu-Ray nor DVD disks. You'll need to purchase a Blu-Ray player application for your system. I believe WinDVD will handle Blu-Ray.

Regards.

3 replies

Oct 3, 2011 9:45 PM in response to varjak paw

Thanks very much Dave! That makes sense of my Google results. (I did find one site that advertised QT as the best blu-ray player, but I now believe that to be bogus!)

WinDVD looked great, I liked that it was a Corel product, so I downloaded and installed it. However for some reason I couldn't sort out, when I tried to run the shortcut or even the .exe file in its installed directory, nothing happened. I even tried running it as admin--nothing. So I gave up on it.

I found a product called PowerDVD. It's about the same price and works really well.

Thanks again!

Playing Blu-ray with QuickTime Pro on Windows 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.