Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay not playing some songs on Denon

Just bought a Denon AVR-1912 for it's AirPlay feature and it works smoothly. However, I noticed that some songs just won't play. I checked and it's not DRM and the file formats are all the same, Apple Lossless .m4a files. I thought about duplicates, but that shouldn't be the case since it won't play the same songs off my iPhone (which definetly does not have any duplicates). So, the same song on the iMac iTunes and on my iPhone4 won't play so it's got to be something with the file but I just can't pinpoint why. Anyone else have the same problems?

AirPlay-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1), iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 7:17 PM

no one with solutions??

I had noticed the Denon failed on the firmware upgrade so the local Rep told me to bring the unit back to exchange for a new one hoping this was the problem. Well, the firmware update on the new receiver completed fine, but I actually had more problems with airplay, it's working now, but still the same songs won't play.

I think airplay is just buggy, i know it's not my network because Plex works FANTASTIC with LG media link.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2011 7:17 PM in response to three_tw

no one with solutions??

I had noticed the Denon failed on the firmware upgrade so the local Rep told me to bring the unit back to exchange for a new one hoping this was the problem. Well, the firmware update on the new receiver completed fine, but I actually had more problems with airplay, it's working now, but still the same songs won't play.

I think airplay is just buggy, i know it's not my network because Plex works FANTASTIC with LG media link.

Oct 9, 2011 7:25 PM in response to PPienter

WOW! I was sceptical at first, but I just went ahead and deleted the artwork to test it out and what do you know it played! I now replaced it with a 500x500 album cover....I guess I'll check this with the other "problematic" files.

Thanks a million, I've been racking my brains trying to figure this one out!

Also, with Denon and Airplay, it seems that it works best on static IP instead of dynamic. I assigned the Denon it's own static IP and now it's connection is more stable.

Oct 12, 2011 4:25 PM in response to PPienter

I have both the router reserve the static IP by MAC address AND manually entering it on the devices, no problem with the Denon or anything else, but I did notice that my LG TV remote app for iPhone wasn't connecting to the TV, so I just set the TV to dynamic and used MAC setting and now it worls.

But the connection to the Denon receiver is now VERY stable since it has a fixed IP.

Feb 16, 2015 4:45 AM in response to PPienter

I just bought a Denon AVR-S900W and had the same issue with airplay and the fix is as described here - reduce the album art to something 500 x 500 or smaller.

I called Denon to complain and asked that they put a resolution for this on the future product enhancement list as it seems to affect almost all our their receivers.

Mar 5, 2015 8:43 AM in response to three_tw

I've had this problem with Denon Airplay and iTunes since I purchased my Denon AVR-S700W receiver last year 2014. I am using Verizon DSL & Windows 7 on a Dell Laptop. It definitely is is the ARTWORK in iTunes that's cutting out and even crashing Airplay to your Denon receiver. As another poster in this forum suggested. Go to My Music. click on the iTunes folder. Click on Album Artwork. Click on Cache. Delete this folder. Empty the trash. I run Advanced system Care and clean-up the registry. Restart your Computer, your iTunes folder/Album Artwork/Cache will repopulate itself (if your connected to the Internet). Do not get ask iTunes to get album Artwork for the songs that crash Airplay, as I have found out it will crash again.

Mar 27, 2015 10:11 AM in response to ltduster71

Thanks guys. This seems to be a problem for me also.

Queen bee from Johnny Lee Hooker plays fine. Radio radio from Elvis Costello caused my Denon X3000 to crash

So I delete the album art work for Radio Radio in iTunes and resync iTunes to my iPhone and then Radio Radio played fine.

PS This crash only happened from my iPhone NEVER from my MacBook Air .

May 15, 2015 2:04 PM in response to SLO Apple Guy

I had this problem today on an AVR-2100w

Songs would stream through WMP but certain songs would not from Itunes (they appeared to be playing on the timer but no sound)

File format OK

Even converted some to Mp3 - no joy

Re created my itunes dbase - no joy

Eventually found deleting and re downloading worked

Appeared to affect tune downloaded in last 3 months or so

Nothing to do with artworks which are all 200x200

May 31, 2015 5:14 PM in response to three_tw

I am having this problem as well. I am not able to play any purchased music on iTunes to my Denon ARV-x1100 through airplay. However, any existing music that was burned by CD plays fine. Also, I can play the purchased music from iPhone just doesn't play from iTunes on my computer. My Denon had an update which did finish and also tried completing all updates to confirm that the update was done. However, ever since the update the purchased music stopped working from the laptop. I removed the artwork and now all purchased music plays from iTunes on my laptop.

May 31, 2015 6:56 PM in response to merverde

If your laptop is a Windows PC try turning off Windows Firewall. Close Itunes, reopen, then try Airplay. If this solves your problem, Google "Allow Itunes through Windows Firewall". In the meantime turn Windows Firewall back on. Also some Windows Anti-Virus software will cause this to happen. You can also try to Uninstall Itunes. When you see Uninstall or Repair iTunes in the "Uninstall programs" click on REPAIR.

Jun 6, 2015 1:26 PM in response to ltduster71

To ltduster71

I tried to disable the Firewall on the PC, however, it was already disabled because Kapersky is the anti-virus running. I also disabled the firewall in this application. I tried the new music just purchased with the art still intact and it did the same thing... caused the Dennon to drop the IP connection. Note, that we also have a Mac in the house and it does the same thing on the Mac. Old music purchased prior than three months ago plays fine... anything new purchased through iTunes causes the Dennon to drop the IP and won't play.

Any other thoughts?

THanks

merverde

AirPlay not playing some songs on Denon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.