Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVDSP - Menu button

How do I tell the menu button (on the remote control) to go back to the scene selection menu?

I want to be able to go from Menu A to a video clip, then press the menu button on the remote and come back to Menu A. Then when I go to Menu B, and go to a video clip and hit the menu button, I want it to go back to Menu B. I hope that makes sense.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 6:24 AM

Assuming that you're using "Stories" to create your DVD (which it sounds like you should be). Then select the Story and in the inspector change the Remote Control action to target the menu and button of your choice:

User uploaded file

9 replies

Oct 6, 2011 8:45 AM in response to ToddNashville

Ok so I just did a test project and it works for me. Not sure where you've gone wrong but it does work.

If you're using Tracks for each video...then select a track and go to the inspector, and where is says Menu you change that to go to the menu you want. Do this for every track.

If you're using stories...Select a story and go to the inspector and where is says Menu you change that to go to the menu you want. Do this for every story.

It's the same process either way. You can even point to the button on the menu that you pressed to play that particular video so that the same button is highlighted once you come back to the menu.

Also, what does each video do once it has finished playing? Does it go back to the menu like you're wanting the "Menu" button to do. Because that is the same process as above except you're setting the end jump.

Oct 7, 2011 8:14 AM in response to daviesgeek

OK so not sure where we're going wrong but let's just start at: you've got your menus setup and you've got a track with your chapters set. (Make sure you've got the Outline view tab selected.)

1. Click Add Story

2. Double click Story 1

3. Under the viewer you will see two windows: Track Markers and Story Markers

4. Drag Chapter 1 (the Video 1 chapter) over to the Story Markers box.

5. Click on Story 1 again

6. In the inspector window it should say Story 1

7. Near the bottom under Remote Control there is a drop down menu next to where it says Menu:

8. Select the Drop down menu and navigate to the menu that has the button for this video track and select that button.

9. Now do the same thing where it says End Jump: (If you want it to do the same thing when the video is done playing as when you hit menu)

10. The story for video 1 is ready.

11. Double click the menu that has the button for video 1 on it.

12. Select the button for video 1.

13. In the inspector window where it says Target: select the dropdown menu.

14. Navigate to Tracks and Stories > Track 1::Story 1 > [Story]

15. Repeat for the rest of the videos.

16. For your play all button create a story and add all the chapters in the order you want them played.

17. Select Help > DVD Studio Pro User Manual.

18. Read.

DVDSP - Menu button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.